Saturday, September 18, 2010

Unthinkable.

Home is where the heart is. I know I was just here two weeks ago, but it feels like forever so I'm happy to be back, even if it's just for the weekend. I think it's funny how I've either been home or in Irvine every weekend since school started. It's nice that I've had things to do, but at the same time it would be nice to spend a weekend at my apartment for once and to just explore L.A.

I don't want to say I'm FULLY adjusted to my life now because its only been about a month, but I AM starting to become more comfortable. I've been hanging out with three girls from my classes who are all commuters so I guess that's what brought us together in the first place haha. They're really chill people who share my sense of humor so it's great that we have that connection and I'm glad that I have these study buddies to hang out with in-between classes. I attended Pangkat's second general meeting, too and it was the Friendship Games meeting which was a lot of fun. I still don't really know too many people in the org. yet but I signed up for a Kuya/Ate and volunteered to help make posters for FG so hopefully that's gonna open up opportunities to become more involved. Although Pangkat is much smaller than Kaba, I notice that they have this ENERGY and ENTHUSIASM that's really appealing. So I'm excited that I'm going to experience friendship games with them! MSMC's annual "Mass of the Holy Spirit" is coming up next week and I decided to sing with the choir. We had our first rehearsal on Thursday and although I'm not a "choir-regular," I hope to become more active by singing for mass and doing more things for campus ministry.

And lately I've been having this urge to tutor. I've been helping my friends out a lot with Microbio and I love that feeling of helping someone to understand something. That made me miss my tutoring days with LINC so I'm trying to get involved with a tutoring program called "Operation R.O.C.K," which stands for "reaching out, challenging kids." I would be volunteering once a week to tutor at St. Monica High School and I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to serve the community. I haven't heard back from them yet, so hopefully I'll get a response soon. I really need something else besides school to keep me inspired, so I'm looking out for all the different options out there. I'm not usually the "bold one," to take chances but I'm trying my best to BE MORE. I want to BE MORE for myself, my family, friends, but most importantly for Him. I'm an upperclassman now so I feel that I SHOULD be doing MORE.

I wish I was still a family leader for Liwanag and I wish I could have been serving on Core. That would have satisfied my need for reaching out so easy. But I guess God wants me to serve elsewhere and I'm going to find that door that will let me do so. I need to step out of my box and start doing the unthinkable.