Sunday, March 20, 2011

Get it Right.



I have to admit that I haven't been watching Glee with much excitement this past season. But, of course the latest episode snuck up and stole my heart again. The whole idea of original songs was creative and I absolutely loved it :] I got the chills when I heard this song in particular. Great lyrics, great vocals, just plain great.

I feel like I put myself in this situation at times. I always have good intentions, but sometimes I don't see the true consequences of my actions. You can only try so many times before you begin to question yourself and realize that moment when you just need to take a step back. I think "getting it right" is applicable to so many relationships, not just love-interests, but with friends, family, and even ourselves. Although we may not admit it, I know all of us have a longing to feel that we're doing something the "right way," whatever that may be. Being "good enough" for someone is one of the things I personally struggle with the most. Most of the time I don't feel that I'm good enough for a lot of people. I beat myself up for that because I have some amazing people in my life. I have a better version of me that I picture in my head and I just wish I could be her. But I'm doing my best to make sure I get there someday. Admitting that we're vulnerable isn't always easy, is it? This is a sad song haha but there's a sense of learning from the past and that's definitely something I can relate to. This episode of Glee just made me 10x more excited to see them live in concert this May. ♥

What have I done? I wish I could run
Away from this ship goin under
Just tryin' to help, hurt everyone else
Now I feel the weight of the world is on my shoulders

What can you do when your good isn't good enough
And all that you touch tumbles down?
Cause my best intentions keep makin' a mess of things
I just wanna fix it somehow

But how many times will it take?
Oh how many times will it take for me
To get it right
To get it right

Can I start again, with my faith shaken
Cause I can't go back and endure this
I just have to stay and face my mistakes,
But if I get stronger and wiser, I'll get through this

So I throw up my fists, throw a punch in the air,
And accept the truth that sometimes life isn't fair
I'll send down a wish and I'll send up a prayer
And finally someone will see how much I care