Yet even now, says the Lord,
Return to me with all your heart,
With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning;
Rend your hearts and not your clothing.
Return to the Lord, your God,
for he is gracious and merciful,
slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love,
and relents from punishing.
Who knows whether he will not turn and relent,
and leave a blessing behind him,
a grain-offering and a drink-offering
for the Lord, your God? - Joel 2:12-14
It's that time of year again, the start of Lent begins tomorrow. I've been trying to do some soul-searching to figure out what to aim for this Lenten season. I personally want to strive for greatness, a higher level of understanding with my faith, and to grow as a Catholic. I really want to put myself in a deeper state of self-discipline this time around in order to get in touch not only with my inner-self, but with Him. I want to FEEL something, I want to push myself. I want my Lenten journey to encompass my whole personality, mentally, physically, and spiritually. I've been lazy for the last few weeks because I got sick and it took me awhile to recover so I stopped my healthy daily routine. But I have made a commitment to go back to it starting tomorrow. I'm going to dedicate every one of my mornings & nights to prayer & meditation, push myself to go to the gym 3 times a week, avoid procrastination, not overeat/eat late at night, drink ONLY water & tea, bring out the best in myself once I start my volunteer work, and look for other ways to help another person every single day, no matter how small or big the deed may be. It seems do-able, but since my second round of exams have arrived, it might be hard to be 100% successful, but I'm going to give this my best shot.