"When all you gotta keep is strong, move along, move along like I know ya do. Even when your hope is gone, move along." ♥
This past weekend was pretty great :D Ever since I've been in LA my weekends have mostly been dedicated to studying or going home. I don't get to hang out with friends as much as I'd like to, but I actually had a week"end" this time.
On Friday I went out to dinner with Anna and Nikki at Yen Sushi. I haven't seen both of them in a good while so it was great being able to catch up and just talk about life. We stayed in the restaurant for about 3+ hours and there's nothing I enjoy more than good company. I can't believe I've known them for about 3 years now, but most importantly I'm glad that we've seemed to grow closer. I'm really blessed to have great friends here in LA :] It's weird listening to my older friends talk about the "real world" and being in the work force. I still like to think myself as "young," but I'm approaching that phase in my life where I really need to think about what I'm going to do after I graduate. It's scary, but it's exciting at the same time. There's a lot of doubt and uncertainty to consider, but I know that eventually the pain that we're feeling now will be something beautiful as we grow older.
On Saturday, I planned to stay in and get studying done. But thankfully Jamie imed me and asked if I wanted to hang out. So I headed to Burbank to meet Jamie at her house, then we headed to the Americana to hang out with Nikki after work. We ate dinner at the Cheesecake Factory which was yummmmmy. I got this sandwich with the best bread everrr, I'm thinking about it right now....hahaha. But yeah more good talks happened, especially regarding relationships and ideal boyfriends. LOL, typical "girl talk," but fun nonetheless :D We originally planned to watch "Just Go With It" but since it wasn't playing at the Americana we had to watch "Beastly" instead. But that was fine because Joe was nice enough to give us his free movie passes! Good thing I didn't have t pay $11.00 for that movie LOL. I don't mean to be a hater, but it was a typical, predictable type of film. There were some cute parts, but to be honest Vanessa Hudgens was not the best person to play the "love interest." Anyway, I had a lot of fun that night, especially since I spent it out instead of stuDYING.
And on Sunday, had another spontaneous dinner with my brother and sister-in-law at Koreatown. We ate at Soowan Galbi Kbbq and it was deliciousssss! MMM. It's always nice getting together with family, so that was another plus for my weekend. After getting boba, we headed our separate ways and I finally was able to get some HW done after that LOL. I really think I need to have more of these kinds of weekends because it makes me happier. It's difficult getting together with busy schedules, so I'll be sure to make every hangout count.
For the last note, I've been keeping my spiritual Lenten promises so far. My work out plan has been thrown off cuz' of exams and such, but I've been praying the rosary and doing random acts of kindness each day. Even just simple things as texting someone to ask how their day was, or smiling at someone I pass in school hallways, or offering help to someone. These things matter to me and I feel that doing these acts of kindness makes my day worth it. I've been stressed, but prayer and kindness have been winning thus far and I've been moving along just fine. Continuing to count my blessings on this journey to a better me :]