Thursday, January 27, 2011

Breaking Barriers.

"I am willing to put myself through anything; temporary pain or discomfort means nothing to me as long as I can see that the experience will take me to a new level. I am interested in the unknown, and the only path to the unknown is through breaking barriers, an often painful process."
- Diana Nyad


I've never been one to quit. But now I believe that there are exceptions. I am no longer an intern at Forever Love Records because I quit. I can deal with people who push you to make you better, but I will NOT tolerate someone who is selfish, inconsiderate, rude, and demeaning. Never in my life have I met someone that disgusts me that much. Now I see why Hollywood drives people crazy, and I have become more appreciative of my "normal" life. That internship was definitely a test of patience, but it brought me to my limit and I'm glad that I decided to leave.

I'm moving on now, looking for other opportunities. Most of all I'm just trying to keep myself focused on my priorities and balancing my time between school and everything else. Since PCN season is here, I know that my schedule is going to become busy, so if I decide to commit my time to anything else, it's going to be volunteering at the UCLA Medical Center. I can't have any non-sense distractions in my life anymore, I want to actively improve my social & career paths. I'm ready to break barriers.

On a brighter note, my brother officially booked two villas at the Marriott Grand Chateau in Vegas for my 21st Birthday!! :D I've never been so excited in my life! And no, I'm not just excited because I get to drink and party in Vegas, but because I get to spend my 21st Birthday with people that I absolutely love. I'm so blessed to have friends that I can call family and I know that they are going to make my 21st really special. Hopefully by then I can be celebrating more than just becoming an "adult." Hopefully I will be celebrating my acceptance into the Nursing program, too. If that happens to be the case, then I will consider myself to be the luckiest girl in the world :] Its been a great first month of 2011, and I just know it's going to keep getting better.