Sunday, January 2, 2011

Epiphany.

HAPPY 2011! We made it, somehow. Haha...I had one heck of a New Years Celebration spent with my family/closest friends and I wouldn't have chose to ring in the New Year with anyone else. But now that I got all the partying out of my system, it's time to focus on the important things and prepare myself for this upcoming semester. I'm putting in more time toward reviewing for the TEAS and already ordered or pre-ordered my textbooks, so I'm good to go for school. I think my brain and body have had enough time to rest these past three weeks so this last week of my break will be dedicated to getting everything together with some light reading and studying instead of just being lazy. I guess I am actually looking forward to going back to school, especially with my new positive outlook for the year :D

I think getting off on the right foot will steer me in the right direction and with my priorities straight, I can't forget to keep Him in my sight. With everything that I hope to accomplish this year, I must continue to pray and to keep believing. So, to end my first blog of the year, I offer up a New Year's prayer:

O God of new beginnings and wonderful surprises, thank you for the gift of a new year. May it be a time of grace for me, a time to grow in faith and love, a time to renew my commitment to following Your Son, Jesus. May it be a year of blessing for me, a time to cherish my family and friends, a time to renew my efforts at work, a time to embrace my faith more fully. Walk with me, please, in every day and every hour of this new year, that the light of Christ might shine through me, in spite of my weaknesses and failings. Above all, may I remember this year that I am a pilgrim on the sacred path to You. Amen

After the rain comes a rainbow. 2011, what you got in store for me? ;)