Friday, January 7, 2011

Rhythm of Love.

My blog has been "One Tree Hill" inspired lately...I guess it's hard not to think about it when I've been watching it everyday for the last few weeks. But anyway, this entry is no different. OTH spoke to me once again. I just watched an episode based around living up to the full potential of your dreams; where drawing a line between reaching it or giving up on it can come into question because your own decisions not only affect you, but also have a great impact on the people in your life.

I guess I kinda related to this dilemma because I feel like I had to give up a great part of my life to pursue my own personal dream. Sometimes I feel like I have to hold back on what I want for the sake of others, but a quote from this episode is what helped me feel a sense of comfort for what I'm doing at the moment:

"You owe it to them to be the very BEST version of yourself; the version where you FIGHT for what you want; the version where you’re not afraid to be GREAT. You’re better for them when you’re living your dreams, and there is nothing, NOTHING selfish about that."


Out of habit, I usually put myself last. God first as always, then my family/friends, then me. At times I feel selfish because I'm so busy with my own life that it's hard for me to dedicate more of my time toward the people that I don't get to see as often. I know that I made a promise to myself to ALWAYS make that effort to keep in touch,but reality got in the way. This is what I saw from my perspective, but the quote above just gave me a different point of view because my family & friends DO deserve the BEST version of me; the version that took a risk because I knew I could make something of myself. So the quote IS right, there is NOTHING selfish about believing in the beauty of your dreams. Best believe that.