Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Summons.

I love going to mass at St. Paul the Apostle during my weekends here in L.A. It's not too far from my apartment and their choir is good so that's also a plus :] Today's song set list consisted of some of my favorite "church songs:" The Summons, I Will Choose Christ, and One Bread, One Body. The closing song was one I've never heard before, which was called "We Will Serve the Lord" and I liked that one too. All these songs just reminded me to see the bigger picture, why I'm here. Midterms are coming up soon and in the midst of all the stress I want to be able to take myself back to comfort through Him. ♥

Lord, your summons echoes true when you but call my name.
Let me turn and follow you and never be the same.
In your company I'll go where your love and footsteps show.
Thus I'll move and live and grow in you and you in me.