Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sweet Disposition.

A new semester, new beginnings, and a fresh start. I seriously believe that I hit the jackpot with all my professors/instructors this time around. They're either extremely passionate & engaging, or chill & lenient, which is a good combo to have if you ask me. I
know these next few months are going to be tough, but I am also excited for it all at the same time. It's nice being back at school and in the classroom, attempting to take that next step forward in my undergraduate career :]

If there's one thing I promised myself at the beginning of the year, it would be to STAY FOCUSED and I have been doing my very best to do just that. I know it's only week 1, but I'm trying to set the pace for myself. I'm keeping up/getting ahead with readings, getting hw done as soon as possible, and reviewing before each class. I'm trying to find every reason I can to participate in class and to just get the most out of everything. Ashley and I have dedicated ourselves to going to the fitness center every Monday and Wednesday, so working out definitely makes me feel better before I go back to my apartment to get work done. I signed up for "My Plate" on Livestrong.com to watch my calories and keep track of my food intake/fitness. And lastly, I am in the process of scheduling an interview for a part-time job. Things are definitely looking UP, which is a big change from last year.

I was talking with Danielle today and she got me to think about taking up a minor. Since I'm going to be in school longer, I feel it would be a great benefit to choose a minor. I personally want to do psychology, but if time won't permit it, then I'll be okay with that too, just wanted to throw that out there. I guess I'll figure something out sooner or later.

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." - Elizabeth Kubler Ros

Let's ALL strive to be this kind of person, I know I'd want to be :]