Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hanging By A Moment.

I have one more final to take tomorrow and then I'm officially done with my second year of college. Its been a pretty good week so far, studying late nights/mornings with friends, eating junk food, and getting delirious in Moss Cove haha. I love the atmosphere of finals week- relaxed because you don't have class, but at the same time getting all stressed out because that one test pretty much determines your grade.

This is probably the most relaxed finals week I've had because I don't have any biology or chemistry courses this quarter. It's nice not having that extra stress. Yesterday I had my sociology final in the morning (which hopefully I get an A on!) then I went back to my apartment to get ready for my job interview. I was going over what I was going to say in the shower haha and I progressively got more nervous as I had to leave. But overall, I think my interview went okay...I feel I could have answered some of the questions better, but we'll see what happens, just gotta cross my fingers!

Since I was pretty much burnt out, I decided to go to the beach with Tina and Kris to just relax and take my mind off things. The weather was nice too, even if there was no sun, but that's good for me since I didn't have to worry about getting darker LOL. After the beach, I tried a carne asada burrito from Chronic Tacos for the first time. Mexican food after the beach is ALWAYS a winner :D After the beach, we headed to Interfaith for rosary. It was bittersweet knowing that would be the last rosary with Liwanag for the school year, but it made my heart smile knowing that I was ending the year with the same people that I began it with.

After rosary, I initially wanted to have a jam session with Kris at his new apartment, but I decided it would be best for me to head back and study for a bit before watching Khrystyn cut Andrew's hair. I thought she was only gonna take like half an hour, but I ended up staying at her apartment for like an hour and a half! Good thing Nikki was there with me or else I would've gotten bored, even though we both knocked out while watching Friends haha. I know that we didn't even talk that much last night, but it made me happy just knowing that they were there. I know that they're both graduating on Friday and who knows how often we're gonna see each other after that. I'm trying my best to spend as much time with them before they leave and even if it's just watching tv with them for an hour, that's good enough for me.

I'm glad that Khrystyn invited me to watch the Social Ecology commencement on Friday. I've never seen a UCI commencement so I'm pretty excited. But of course I'm more excited to see some Liwanag seniors graduate and to celebrate with them. Going to graduations always gives me something to look forward to. Yeah, college is stressful and I hate it at times, but I just have to remember that graduation is what I'm working towards...that feeling of accomplishment and joy in knowing that I have succeeded four years of ups and downs.

This year has been pretty damn amazing and I'm not sure how I'm going to feel once I step out of my final tomorrow afternoon since that officially closes the chapter of my second year. I guess I have to find something else to look forward to: hopefully getting hired for the leasing assistant job, volunteering at Kaiser, actually getting to spend a summer away from home home for once.

Here's to new beginnings, new adventures, and a great Summer :]