Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ordinary Day.

I'm officially a third year. If I had someone next to me right now I would ask them to pinch me because I still can't believe how fast time has been moving lately. As I was walking back to the shuttles after my last final on Thursday I was SO RELIEVED, knowing that I made it through another academic year. I was mentally exhausted but at the same time I was filled with so much adrenaline. As much as I wanted to sleep after my final, I told myself to stay awake and find something to do. So I finally caught up on Glee haha and then I made plans to hang out with my Co one last time before she graduated. But before I hung out with her, I went to CSL to keep Jamie company because I know she had been stressing out about her paper that she had to write and I didn't want her to be there. So I was like her own personal cheerleader, telling her to finish stronggg. LOL...

Then Khrystyn met up with us and gave our end of the year gifts I guess you could say. She made a collage for me and I'm looking at it right now as I write this blog :] I ate dinner with Ktyn at Chipotle and then she invited me over to her place afterward where we just kicked it and drank beer together haha. I'm still kind of surprised that she chose to spend the night before her graduation with me, just because she could've been with her roommates or other seniors, so that meant a lot. I wish I would have had more one-on-ones with Ktyn throughout the year, but I guess this last one really made up for it, even if it did make me realize just how much I'm going to miss her.

I'm glad I was able to watch the Social Ecology Commencement. It was great being able to see Ktyn, Nikki, Kim, KD, and Kathy walk across that stage and congratulating them after. But after we took pictures, gave our hugs and "goodbyes," that's when it really hit me- they're really leaving. And I know it's not like I'm never going to see them again, but I don't know...when I got back to my apartment that night I felt sad. I was sooo tired after KD's dinner and I really wanted to sleep but I don't like to sleep when I feel down. So I called up Rhea to see if she wanted to have a jam session dedicated to the seniors. I wish we had time to make one for every senior, but I still have all of summer to catch up on that :]

I guess this is where the effort of "keeping in touch" comes into the picture. I really do hope I get to see the seniors every once and awhile, it's always nice seeing the alumni come out to Liwanag events or meetings when they have the time to. I think that I do a pretty good job of keeping in touch with people so hopefully it won't be a problem. Today I went to West Covina to spend the day with Justine because I haven't seen her in months. We went together to the Liwanag first gen. our first year and it's so great knowing that we still keep in touch.

I think that this upcoming week is really going to be something. I hope to find out a lot of stuff that will help me figure out how my summer is going to turn out. I'm excited :] And lastly, TO THE GRADUATING CLASS OF 2010, YOU ARE ALL AMAZING. I LOVE YOU ALL AND I'M SO PROUD OF YOU! The world is going to be a better place now that you're going to be making a change somewhere and somehow <3