This week was hectic! But I made it! :] 3 finals done, three more to go. Before I answer the Day 10 question for the TDC (30 day challenge), I just need to express how happy I feel about this week, especially because of my Speech class. Our last assignment was to compose a motivational or inspirational speech and I can honestly say that I definitely enjoyed hearing what everyone had to share. I think that Speech was one of my favorite classes this semester just because it didn't feel like so much of a "class" but more of a workshop and a way to EXPRESS what we felt, thought, or believed. I really found it therapeutic because I was able to share my struggles that I don't really get the chance to talk about. But anyway, this last speech really was inspiring. I've been with this group of people for 3+ months now and I feel like I've had an insight on their lives and have been able to connect with them. I found out things about these people that you wouldn't guess just by looking at them. Speech really gave us all a chance to share part of our lives and to believe in our message. Over the semester I've heard stories about overcoming depression, being saved by angels after being in a fatal car accident, divided families, dealing with learning disorders, being a victim of physical abuse, being a former alcohol/drug addict but finding God along the way which led to a better life, migrating to America, and coping with family who have been affected by cancer.
It's kind of shocking to see what people go through. But that just made me realize that THIS IS LIFE. It really helped to open up my eyes and to think, to not be so judgmental or narrow-minded. I really respect everyone in my class so much more looking back at the semester because of their courage. I really think we ALL grew as a class since August and I really enjoyed it :] I AM glad that Speech is over, but a part of me is going to miss it too. But ok moving on...
10] Discuss your first love.
This is going to be short...I've never been in love, not even close. But I DO remember one of my first instances that made me realize love, or kindness, is real. My first year of college I vividly remember getting a phone call from my family leaders Julian & Bellamay to go outside of my dorm because they had a present for me. This was toward the end of fall quarter so I didn't really KNOW them yet, and I was kind of surprised. So I go outside of my dorm to the Brandywine service road and see Julian, Bellamay, and Khrystyn in the car with smiles on their faces. They all came out and handed me a "finals care package" and that may not seem very significant, but for me it was. I mean, I was just a FIRST year, I didn't matter much. But they reached out to me and definitely made my day just with that small gesture. Knowing that I was in other people's thoughts made me feel uplifted. I remember they put starbursts, vitamin water, hello kitty bandaids, and stress relieving lotion along with other stuff haha. I even still have the small green bag that they gave me just to remind me of that day. And so no, I have never been "in love" but I am confident in the fact that LOVE itself exists.