Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 17.


[17] Your highs and lows of this past year.

When I saw this question, I just had to browse through all my blogs. 2010 was definitely the worst and best year of my life, so with that being said...

Highs:
*Being a family leader
*Watching my faith grow stronger than ever
*Spontaneous nights with friends
*LOG winter retreat
*Surprising my Co on her Birthday
*Jam sessions & cooking parties at VDC
*Random beach days
*Being greeted by Loggers after PCN
*MC'ing for Spirit Rally
*Being asked to be on LOG core
*Bonding with my 2012 class
*Bonding with my Co
*Spring Banquet
*Hiking a waterfall
*All of the hangouts I had with Liwanag
*Watching LOG seniors graduate
*My 20th birthday surprise & celebration
*Seeing Hillsong and Train in concert
*Summer chillin' in Irvine, SD, & LA
*Shyd & Jecca's "Wedding Olympics"
*LOG summer retreat
*Being a bridesmaid at Shyd & Jecca's wedding
*Moving to LA
*Meeting a new group of friends


Lows:

*Being on academic contract
*Being rejected to UCI's nursing program
*Turning down LOG core
*Watching the LOG seniors leave
*Withdrawing from UCI
*Having to be away from my Liwanag family
*Feeling ashamed of myself
*Facing uncertainty
*Losing faith
*Waiting to find out if I was accepted to MSMC's pre-nursing program
*Adjusting to my life in L.A.
*Being a transfer student
*Dealing with an overwhelming amount of stress
*Experiencing spiritual lows
*Losing a bulk of my social life
*Living further away from home

I'm pretty sure I left out a couple of things, but this is what I could think of at the moment. 2010 was the most challenging year of my life, but seeing where I am now, I think that it was also a major stepping stone that steered me on the right path. Despite all the heartache and tears, I truly believe that this past year was also one of the best. I guess there was a balance between all my highs and lows, but one thing is for sure; I'm ready for a brand new year and putting the past behind me. I'm ready to move forward and continue this journey. I have NO idea what lies ahead, but something is telling me that this upcoming year is going to be special or I might just be convincing myself that. Who knows? The truth is I'm getting older and I'm trying my best to find the ins-and-outs of attaining happiness. Success means nothing to me if I'm not happy with the person I'm trying to become. So I'm going to hold on tight for this launching of a new year, because it is going to be one hell of a ride.