Saturday, December 11, 2010

Relief.

I am FINALLY on winter break :D It feels so unreal, yet I thank God for getting me through a pretty tough semester. I underestimated all the work that I would have to do, but I made it. Time to finally relax and take my mind off school for a bit, hang out with friends, and spend time with my wonderful family...life is goooood.

So I came across one of my classmate's blogs and I don't really KNOW her even though she was in two of my classes but what she posted nearly made me cry, so I thought it was worth re-blogging:

Nursing Students
I don’t think nursing students get enough credit for what we do and what we’re trying to pursue. It’s my second year of pre-nursing (those words come regretfully out of my mouth), and I’ve already cried thousands of tears, studied hundreds of hours, stressed and worried almost for months, and doubted myself and what I’m trying to do almost every other week. I’m not even in the program yet, but from the looks of it, it does not get any easier from there. I’ve seen the smartest and hardest working people breakdown and almost lose hope. But, then I see the same people strive and work even harder (if that’s even possible). I go to Mount St. Mary’s and the nursing program here is no fucking joke. So, here’s to all of my fellow classmates trying to get into the program, my former class trying to get through their first year in the program, and my upperclassman friends striving to finish the program. You guys are all amazing and I don’t think any one of you get enough credit as to how hard you all work. You are all going to make amazing RN’s one day. Best believe that.

This just gave me some hope. It's a steep uphill climb, but you gotta do whatever it takes: sweat, tears, sleep deprivation, losing a bulk of your social life. Because we all know it will ALL BE WORTH IT SOMEDAY.