I'm skipping Day 15 because I don't follow any tumblrs...but anyway [16] Your views on mainstream music:
Mainstream music was all that I listened to growing up. I didn't know about the whole "underground" music scene, I just listened to whatever was on the radio or what other people would let me listen to. So I am definitely a fan of mainstream music, but I can understand why people are against it. Music is supposed to be and ART, a showcase of pure & raw talent...something that's meant to COMMUNICATE a message. Sometimes I feel like mainstream artists make music just for the sake of making music or to have that number one hit in the clubs or to be on the Billboard charts. I have grown to like underground artists or not-so-mainstream artists because their music is different. I love hearing new songs for the first time and not knowing who the artist is. I've noticed that mainstream music can be overrated at times and that's why I've downloaded a bunch of oldies on my ipod. I barely listen to the radio nowadays, instead I keep myself musically satisfied through listening to "my childhood" or those R&B/Pop/Rock artists of the 90s. And if I have to do that from here on out, that's fine with me :)