Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 11.


11] Put your Ipod on shuffle and write 10 songs that pop up.

1. Lady Gaga- Bad Romance
2. 98 Degrees- It's All Because of You
3. Glee-Angels We Have Heard on High
4. Jay Z ft. Alicia Keys-Empire State of Mind
5. Meg & Dia- Fighting for Nothing
6. Nsync- It's Tearin' Up My Heart
7. Savage Garden- I Knew I Loved You
8. Sara Bareilles- Machine Gun
9. Casting Crowns- Your Love is Extravagant
10. Hillsong- King of Majesty

I'm officially done with classes for Fall 2010 :D I only have two days of finals next week on Wednesday and Thursday, then I'll be FUHREEEEEE. I'm kind of starting to feel the laziness kick in, but I need to finish strong, just like I promised myself at the beginning of the semester. I was working on my final for philosophy last night, which is an "Identity Map." We have to pick a symbol of any kind, something that represents our identity, so I picked the Liwanag "L." We have to include elements of our identity and incorporate it on our symbol in a way that shows how our past has affected our present & future. And I think that the "L" works great as a map because the bottom is going to symbolize my past, the center will represent my core, or what's most important to me, and the top flame will represent my future goals. So from my perspective, there is an upward progression, from my past to my future. I don't really understand why my teacher is making us do this when our class is focused on ethics, but nonetheless, I REALLY enjoyed working on it.

I have to admit it made me a little sad when I was working on it because it just brought back all these memories. It's finals/holiday season, which is THE BEST time to be spending with friends. I wish with all my heart that I could've been in Irvine for Fall potluck, white elephant gift exchanges, and family hangouts. Last year was so much fun studying with everyone at Moss Cove or the Norte Study rooms. And now, I'm studying by myself at my apartment. It sucks, but I gotta do my thing here in L.A. I can't wait to see my Co & Abby next weekend since I'll be heading to SD to watch Jimmy Eat World, Switchfoot, and other bands perform. It's going to be a great way to kick off my winter break :D