04] Your views on religion.
I guess you can say that I've always believed in God. Of course there have been times where I've questioned his existence, I'm sure everyone has, but yes, I DO BELIEVE IN GOD. My faith is something that I hold VERY dear to my heart...it is what keeps me on my feet, keeps me grounded, and helps me get through all my days, GOOD & BAD. I know that this life isn't just for me, but for Him and His glory. I make myself so that He can use me, fill me, and shape me into His humble servant. I never used to think this way, but there is no doubt that Liwanag has helped me on a tremendous level to strengthen and deepen my faith through prayer and service.
It took me awhile to realize just how BLESSED I really am. This year has been quite a challenge. I couldn't understand why the plans I made for myself were crumbling, why God would put me in such a tough situation, why He didn't give me what I WANTED when I gave my ALL to Him. It didn't seem fair. At the moment, just THINKING about all of the struggles I had to face makes me feel weak & disheartened. But I had to realize that He has bigger plans for me. Sometimes I wonder how some people who don't believe in God get through their challenges because if I didn't believe that this life was for a larger purpose, I think I would have given up a long time ago. Through all the heartache I've been through, all the tears I've cried, all the emotional pain I had to suffer, how have I been able to overcome it all? Through the strength that He has granted me.
Sometimes I wonder where my incredible surge of faith comes from. Has it resided in me all along? Maybe. Was it something that needed to be brought out by other people? Maybe. All I know is that my faith can NEVER be shaken from me and that's all that matters.