Thursday, November 11, 2010

Look Into the Future.

I feel like there are a lot of good changes heading my way :]

I registered for Spring Semester 2011 today. As much as registering stresses me out, I see it as "moving forward" and that's something that I always look forward to because it lets me know that I'm accomplishing something. I went out with my friends to Chipotle yesterday and we just talked about how the semester has gone by pretty quickly and the pressure we feel to really earn our spots in the nursing program. It's a lot to handle at times, but my strategy is to just STAY POSITIVE. I mean it's working so far...and I'm trying my best to keep my friends motivated too. I offer my commuter friends to stay at my apartment if they need to because I know it's hard having to drive back and forth, I always offer help when they have questions about HW and such, but most importantly I remind them that they ARE capable of getting into the program, WE ALL ARE. I know this may seem like "false hope," but in my mind it's not like that at all. If I can just help them BELIEVE in theirself, then the rest is easy.
I gotta admit it takes a tremendous amount of mental strength to stay confident and not let yourself be consumed by the pressure, but I'm taking it one step at a time. I just picture myself getting that acceptance notification and receiving my white coat...and that's enough for me to keep going strong. I'm happy that I'm in good standing right now, so hopefully everything is going to work out :]

I'm glad I was able to go to a Pangkat meeting tonight since I haven't gone in awhile. They're a great group and I'm actually thinking about "shadowing" E-board and might consider running for a board position if I feel that I fit any of the positions. I've always wanted to have a leadership role in an organization and since I lucked out with being on LOG core, a part of me feels like I'm lacking in the leadership department. I know I should be focusing more on school than extra-curriculars at the moment, so I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

I'm doing my best to just take chances because there's no hurt in trying, right? And that goes for everything else as of right now. I'm ready to start BEING MORE, DOING MORE...not just for myself but for other people too. 2011 is going to be a year of trying new things and being COURAGEOUS because I know if I don't do it now, I never will. That's scary & exciting at the same time, but I'm ready for a change. It's about time.