Sunday, November 14, 2010

Heaven Is Here.


"I'm running fast and free to YOU, cuz' YOU are the MOVEMENT & FIGHT in ME. I'm running fast and free to YOU because YOU are my HOME where I want to BE. COME MOVE IN ME"


I can't believe that my THIRD Benefit Concert has passed. I really wish I could've sang with the rest of the LOG choir, but being in the audience for the first time was a great experience in itself. I was moved by all of the new acts this year and just blown away by all the talent. Once again, I truly felt God's presence that night. But my favorite part of Benefit Concert is closing prayer. There's something about being in that "circle" at the end with the lights dimmed. Since the theme was "Heaven is Here" I just took a moment to look around that "circle" and really internalized the theme. There's no doubt in my mind that Heaven really IS here on Earth...and that's amazing.

I love the traditions that LOG passes on, especially the freshman class leading action songs at Benecon, then Seniors leading action songs at Spirit Rally. It's like "coming full circle" and I REALLY hope that the class of 2014 sticks around long enough to be a part of it. It sucks that a lot of the newbies don't know me, but I still keep them in my prayers and wish the best for them :]

This Benefit Concert inspired me to choose my last topic for my speech class. We have the choice to either MOTIVATE or INSPIRE the class with the topic of our choice and I had NO IDEA what to talk about. But at the end of Benefit Concert it just clicked. I'm going to motivate my class to get involved with SERVICE. I know that all of them may not be Catholic and hold the same mind set as me, but you don't have to be religious to have a HEART and reach out to those in need. I think this will be perfect, especially because there are a lot of freshman in my class. As a first year, I think a lot of people tend to under-estimate their importance, but I want them to know that they ARE important and that there is a whole world out there with people who could use their help. Even if it's something small, I believe that everyone can contribute to some type of community service and this is something that I TRULY believe in. So I guess God spoke to me during Benefit Concert...to spread His word and His light. How amazing is that?

I'm never going to forget this particular Benefit Concert because it was definitely a special one. I am ready to be Your instrument Lord, because you are the MOVEMENT & FIGHT in me <3