"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead."- Louisa May Alcott
The view from MSMC's campus is undeniably one of the BEST views I've EVER seen. Seeing Los Angeles and the beach from campus everyday just keeps on reminding me that there's a world out there just waiting to be explored. I may be "stuck" on this mountain for another 3 years or so, but that view instills in me a sense of INSPIRATION. Maybe that's why they chose to build MSMC at that location? Who knows...but after school today I met with my speech group to go over our presentation for tomorrow and we found an empty classroom on the 5th floor of the Humanities Building to do a run through. The view from the windows in that classroom was just BREATHTAKING. You were able to see the mountains, and off in the distance you could see the city and the L.A. skyline. It was funny because we were just screaming at the top of our lungs "IT'S SO BEAUTIFULLL!" and pretending to cry tears of joy HAHA. My friends are ridiculous sometimes but I love them :) We even had a little dance party after we finished the run through LOL. It was nice to have some fun after all the studying I've been doing lately. We stayed until it was dark out, so we got to see the pretty city lights before we left.
I love going to school everyday just because I know I get to look at this view. And that may sound extreme, but it's something that you have to experience yourself to understand. It's like being on top of the world and you can accomplish anything. But even if I don't, it's okay because I'll still know what it feels like to be in the presence of pure beauty. It's priceless.