Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

Going to a mostly all girls school is definitely different from anything else I've ever experienced before. It has its ups & downs but I actually think I enjoy it just because I feel like I have a network of friends there to support me and really understand me. First semester is already more than halfway through and I'm glad to say that I've found a few close friends that I spend most of my time with. I love having talks with them because it's so interesting haha.

I'm not really used to talking to friends about boyfriends, boyfriend problems, lost friendships, serious future goals, and sex. At first I thought it was weird talking about these kind of things and it kind of made me uncomfortable. I guess I'm used to having conversations about "regular" things I guess you could say? Haha since sex is considered a taboo topic in a way? I dunno but I think it's really interesting to hear some of their stories. But it just makes me realize how much of a "good girl" that I am and there's no doubt that I'm proud of myself for that. I guess sometimes I just feel left out because for one I don't have much, or really any experience on dating or relationships and sex for that matter. I know I'm in my 20s and I "should" be at that point in my life to "explore" or whatever. But I don't want to feel pressured to do anything just because my friends are. And if I did find someone who I liked, I wouldn't be the girl who just gives herself to someone. I have integrity & respect for myself and that's something that I've spent my whole life cultivating. And don't get me wrong I AM NOT implying that my friends don't respect theirselves at all. They make their own choices and that's totally understandable, I'm not here to judge. It's just funny seeing how different we are, yet to see how close we're growing as the school year goes on.

My life may not be as "fun" as theirs, but I'm completely fine with that :]